You may be able to either join a group on your own or request membership from the Group Chair (depending on the group's configuration and your organization's membership requirements for group participation). This is useful if you would like to begin participating in a Group you're not currently a member of.
First, visit the "All Groups" page by clicking the "All Groups" link from the main Groups drop down menu. This page shows you all the Groups that are visible to you in the Organization. Click the Group name for the Group you wish to join to then go to that Group's Home Page.
- In the Group Info section, click the "Join group" link. This takes you to the Join page for that group.
- Note: If you do not see the "Join group" link, then the organization does not allow members to join the group on their own. Contact an Admin to ask about becoming a Member of the Group.
- Note: Some organizations may not have any Criteria for Participation in groups. If that is the case, you will not be asked to agree to any terms.
- Note: You can have different member roles (with varying privileges) for each group you belong to.
- Note: Voting Rights will only be available if Balloting is enabled for the Group and Voting Rights may be limited to specific roles in the group.
- Note: Some organizations may not have any Agreement Terms for Participation in groups, If that is the case, you will not be asked to agree to any terms.
- If the group is configured so that membership is automatically granted, you immediately become a member of the group and you go to the Congratulations page. You may then begin participating in the Group.
- If the group is configured so that membership applications are moderated by the group Chair, your application is accepted and you go to a page with a message that the group Chair has been notified of your membership application, will evaluate your request and contact you.