As an Admin, you have the ability to configure who can send messages to the Group Email List for each Group within your Workspace installation. You also have the ability to control what happens to messages sent to the Group Email list from people not approved to do so.
Configure settings by following these instructions:
- From the Admin Panel, select "Groups" from the list of Management Tools.
- Click the "Manage Existing Groups" link from under the "Groups" heading.
- From the list of Groups, click the "modify" link for the Group you wish to change.
- Scroll down to the "Mailing List Usage" section.
- For the "Group Mailing List Restrictions" setting, select one of these options:
- group moderators only (this will include all Group Roles which currently include the "Moderator" Privilege)
- group contributors only (this will include all Group Roles which currently include the "Contributor" Privilege)
- any member of the organization (this will allow any member with an active account)
- You'll then want to make a selection for the "Message Moderation Strategy" setting:
- sent to the list moderators for approval (this will hold the message for review in the Groups Email Moderation Panel)
- rejected without moderator intervention (this will automatically reject messages from anyone not defined above)
- accepted without moderator intervention (this will automatically accept messages from anyone not defined above) - NOTE THAT KAVI DOES NOT RECOMMEND THIS SETTING AS IT WILL OPEN UP THE GROUP LIST TO POSSIBLE SPAM
- moderated for organization members; rejected for non-members (this will hold messages sent by any active member for moderation and automatically reject message from anyone who does not have an active account)
- Click the "Submit Changes" button at the bottom of the screen to save your selections.
Please let us know if we can provide you with further assistance.