In order to fully reap the benefits of the recent time zone release, you may want to work closely with your Chairs and users to:
- Make sure that the appropriate time zones are available when creating an event in your organization's Workspace Calendars
- Check that all events in committee calendars have the correct time zone selected
Why? We've learned that some users, when faced with the absence of a needed time zone have simply selected the nearest time zone and adjusted the time forwards or backwards. This "manual workaround" must be reversed, or there is some risk that your meetings will appear on the wrong date or time in your calendars.
As an Admin, you can select which time zones appear on the drop down list on each calendar. Here's how:
- From the Configuration page, select "Groups" under Application to Configure.
- Click the "Manage Time Zones" link under the "Configure Roles, Types, and States" heading.
- You can now review all of the available Time Zones that can be used within Workspace.
- If you have members within a particular Time Zone, select the check box next to the Time Zone name, and once you have all pertinent Time Zones selected, click the "Submit Changes" button.
- You also have the option to change the Default Time Zone, which sets the default for the next time any member uses a form that requires a Time Zone entry, such as when adding a calendar event or ballot.
- Now your members should be able to choose the newly selected Time Zones when they are viewing calendars within Workspace.
Don't forget to ask your Committee Chairs to review the events on their calendars to be sure the correct time zone is selected!
Please let us know if we can provide you with further assistance.